Monday, March 9, 2015

February 16, 2015 Baptism

Weekly Rundown
We had a pretty great week this week! This week we are preparing for another baptism!! The investigator that we are going to baptize is great!! she attended sacrament meeting the week after we met her!! and
she has been attending ever since then! I can tell that she was prepared to meet us before we met her!! Her progression has been excellent! I can`t wait for this Saturday!! One week until I finish my
first 12 weeks here!! I`m super excited and nervous!! The time has flown by quicker than I could have imagined!!! At times i wish that it would slow down a little bit!! I read the talk Missionary Work and The
Atonement by Jeffrey R Holland this week and I was pretty amazed by what I learned!! As missionaries we have the responsibility of bringing others to come unto Christ by inviting them to follow the gospel of Jesus Christ, which includes Repentance. At times when we teach Lesson 3 we kind of skim over the repentance part, we need to remember that repentance is a requisite for Baptism. In the talk Elder Holland talks about how missionaries are to teach the Atonement to others through the Book of Mormon. Its a responsibility as well as missionaries to declare repentance to others, just like Alma, Amulek, Lehi, Mormon, Moroni, Nephi and many other prophets. I have been trying really hard lately to try and share the words of the prophets
from the Book of Mormon in our lessons. I have seen that as others read the Book of Mormon their testimonies are strengthen and the come closer and closer to Christ, and the same I have seen in my own life.
The Book of Mormon is the word of God and we can come closer to God by reading this book than by any other book!! (just like it says in the Introduction!) I love this work and I am so grateful that I am here in
Zumpango doing His work!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment